Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Getting used to it again

I realized that during yesterday's and today's runs, my body has actually felt pretty good. The last few weeks' runs have been marked with some aching and stretching pains in my abdomen that aren't very pleasant. They were worse when I would go up or down hills (which I can't really avoid around here). Now, though, my body seems to have adapted once more to the stresses of running and I am actually able to enjoy running again, even though I'm pregnant/slower/heavier/etc. I also get fewer side aches, although I still have to go pee often in the middle of runs (luckily I run near public restrooms), which is annoying.

I had a good tempo run today. I didn't mean to make it one, but I felt pretty sprightly as I set out and realized, when I'd made it to the .6 mile marker a good 40 seconds earlier than I had the day before, that I could maybe get in a faster run today, should my body feel up to it. I had to change my intended course up a bit in the face of some construction and had to do some creative running around impediments on the sidewalk (like the bleechers they're setting up for this weekend's car fest) but even then I was able to run a little over 4 miles at 7:20ish pace.

Oh, and I passed a guy. I don't know why I feel like I have to pass guys or feel validated when I DO pass them when I basically ignore the women. It's odd. I must have a complex. Anyway, yeah. He ate my pregnant lady dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment